Being Lib ...or something like it

Thursday, June 25, 2009

K

A lot of words in this country starts with the letter K. You can even make every word prefixically start with a K too, though it changes the mood of the grammatical sense in a way, but who cares, our country's language is as konfusing anyway.

And since most word can start with a k, its no wonder that a lot of streets do start with that letter, and this is about the k street where I had a couple of beers with imer last night. I had asked him out two weeks ago but we didn't get to, because I asked him already at eight the night before I was taking a flight back home the next morning, and it was all in a rush. Anyway I met him and some of my old classmates last night at this beer joint where a lot of office people were also having beers socially, you could tell because they were drinking beer a tablespoonfull at a time when it is supposed to be drank like water, I could tell because the waiter wasn't going in and out of the cellar with beer bottles a lot, or maybe it wasn't a beer joint in the first place at all.

Edward was also dropping by and he asked me where we were, I wasn't so familiar with the name of the beer joint so I decided to give him the street instead, which was one of those konfusing local words that started with k that I forgot too. All I know is that it has something to do with the struggle of democracy in this country like katipunan, kapayapan, kamuning, kalayaan or some goddam word like that, seriously if I were to use it in a sentence talking about the ideals of this country's democracy, I think they would all mean the same. Edward turned up more than an hour later hadn't I just said its the street outside school.

Take the ku klux klan which goes by the acronyms kkk for example, the people here during the colonial years also came up with an underground organization with the same acronyms like the klan and likewise opposed the status quo too. It was fairly easy for them to insert anything from the local dictionary to fit into the kkk to mean something about their organization, but hell it was hard for me to remember those goddam words everytime it appeared perennially in high school history exams.

Basically the group was underground because they were more of patriotic dissidents who didn't like how the spaniards ran the country and wanted to beat the crap out of them, with guns or very big knives, and maybe they thought of having k's to name their group is that because the k doesn't appear so much in the spanish vocabulary. I just thought about that this morning because on my ride in the rail transit, they had these spanish poems posted all over the train's ceiling, hell the ride was so boring that you couldn't help but read it. The que sounds like k though but es que, its another story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home