Gang Aft Aglay
I thought it would take some goddam miracle to get me to stop from drinking too much, but it must have been something less of a miracle because I have been cutting short my drinking habit for quite a while already, and I’m pretty much happy about it.
Anyway I had to take a flight back home this morning from manila and I had to be up somewhere before six today, it was going to be rather early so I went back to my hotel around nine last night, I passed by seven eleven to get some chips or anything to eat because I was going to hole myself in my room for the rest of the night and it was a sunday and there was probably something good on cable TV over the weekend. I was thinking of passing without beers in seven eleven anymore, but I still ended up buying three bottles because they had this coor’s light beer which I only used to see in those american magazines like popular mechanics when I was a kid. I wanted to try it anyway and besides it would always taste good over some good movie, and hell something good was showing on cable TV back at my room that I got to finish all three bottles before the movie was done that I just had to go buy another bottle from the hotel bar to finish the movie off.
I did get to wake up before six today and I made it to the airport quite early, I had my bag half empty and there was not much cars on the road because the weather was not so good in manila, but I did have my jacket and pocket umbrella with me though. I didn’t use my umbrella that much, it was quite small and the ribs folded a lot that it was too much of a trouble trying to open and close it for the rain, besides I had my jacket and I could even sleep on it the airport because of staying up late over cable TV last night. I also met my parents at the airport, they were just going to drop by manila for the morning and head for hong kong later, they didn’t have an umbrella or anything for the heavy rain so I just gave them my pocket umbrella because I wasn’t using it anyway.
The weather was a lot better here back home but I blew up the roof when I got to my room though, I was going to pick some new shirt to wear for the rest of the day from my closet and some goddam mouse had been gnawing on my clothes over the weekend when I was not around, probably to make himself a home or something, and most of those it gnawed with are my most expensive clothes I left here at home. Just because there’s this animated movie in the big screens right now about some ambitious mouse who had his big break at cooking doesn’t mean these mice can trash around my clothes anytime they want and later put on a show that they’re good in cooking, let them french eat their mouse cuisine like in the movies because they’re stupid anyway.
I had this shirt which costed some grands that I bought some years back, it was quite expensive and that goddam mouse made one hole on the shirt right where my liver should be, the shirt was old anyway. I used to think something expensive can make somebody look good but hell buy an idiot some expensive suit or some doctor’s robe and they’re still an idiot underneath it.
Anyway I had to take a flight back home this morning from manila and I had to be up somewhere before six today, it was going to be rather early so I went back to my hotel around nine last night, I passed by seven eleven to get some chips or anything to eat because I was going to hole myself in my room for the rest of the night and it was a sunday and there was probably something good on cable TV over the weekend. I was thinking of passing without beers in seven eleven anymore, but I still ended up buying three bottles because they had this coor’s light beer which I only used to see in those american magazines like popular mechanics when I was a kid. I wanted to try it anyway and besides it would always taste good over some good movie, and hell something good was showing on cable TV back at my room that I got to finish all three bottles before the movie was done that I just had to go buy another bottle from the hotel bar to finish the movie off.
I did get to wake up before six today and I made it to the airport quite early, I had my bag half empty and there was not much cars on the road because the weather was not so good in manila, but I did have my jacket and pocket umbrella with me though. I didn’t use my umbrella that much, it was quite small and the ribs folded a lot that it was too much of a trouble trying to open and close it for the rain, besides I had my jacket and I could even sleep on it the airport because of staying up late over cable TV last night. I also met my parents at the airport, they were just going to drop by manila for the morning and head for hong kong later, they didn’t have an umbrella or anything for the heavy rain so I just gave them my pocket umbrella because I wasn’t using it anyway.
The weather was a lot better here back home but I blew up the roof when I got to my room though, I was going to pick some new shirt to wear for the rest of the day from my closet and some goddam mouse had been gnawing on my clothes over the weekend when I was not around, probably to make himself a home or something, and most of those it gnawed with are my most expensive clothes I left here at home. Just because there’s this animated movie in the big screens right now about some ambitious mouse who had his big break at cooking doesn’t mean these mice can trash around my clothes anytime they want and later put on a show that they’re good in cooking, let them french eat their mouse cuisine like in the movies because they’re stupid anyway.
I had this shirt which costed some grands that I bought some years back, it was quite expensive and that goddam mouse made one hole on the shirt right where my liver should be, the shirt was old anyway. I used to think something expensive can make somebody look good but hell buy an idiot some expensive suit or some doctor’s robe and they’re still an idiot underneath it.

5 Comments:
what the hell is "Gang Aft Aglay"?
Gone Often Awry
In the words of robert burns
"The best laid schemes of mice an men gang aft aglay" in his poem To a Mouse where this mouse builds his little house on a field only to find it plowed down to pieces by the man who owned the place.
It was my closet if the mouse hadn't noticed.
10:04 AM
"The best laid schemes of mice and men often go awry"
is also the tagline for steinbeck's novel Of Mice and Men
10:05 AM
2 straight nights na ko nagaabang sa compound at sa talyer ng mekaniko namin ng daga, bitbit ang iskupita (air rifle .22) at pain, pero peste... feel na feel ko pa naman maging sniper/hunter wala talagang lumalabas o lumalapit sa pa-in... naks tama na alak pare!!
10:37 AM
i love that poem! it's a marvel how burns could get his reader to sympathize with a rodent. but i guess in your case you were far from sympathizing with ze fabric conoisseur version of remy. maybe you could come to terms with the closet disaster if you make like lennie and make friends with the little one and its peers. hahaha. good luck! ;)
1:49 PM
what's a pa-in? bait?
they were probably into cooking too and they didn't like how you cooked your bait, and pare I had stopped drinking already :)
__________________________
It was also in another robert burns poem where a line quoth "when a body catch a body coming through the rye" that also inspired salinger's magnum opus catcher in the rye :)
1:37 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home