Being Lib ...or something like it

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Tales from the Decabiography

8 I love everything spicy

I grew a very big mouth sore on my lower lip last friday and the goddam thing just had to come out when I am taking a flight to bangkok yesterday morning, and if there is something I am looking forward to here in bangkok its eating their great spicy food. I think I have a very good resistance in the scoville scale but hell I just had to have this goddam sensitive mouth sore since last weekend to stop me from getting anything explosive tasting into my mouth. It always happens when I get here, as if the mouth sores are popping out of excitement for spicy cuisine.

I had some things to do in bangkok this week but when I was already about to leave manila, the office back home called that there will be this meeting with this stupid lawyer manager which I had been hoping to come up soon, and hell when it did I was not going to be around. I was going to miss the goddam meeting that it kept messing up in my head up to the time I was already on my seat on the plane. What the heck I tried to make peace with the situation and drank two beers after the plane took off and I went on reading this book I pulled out of a sale back home last sunday, I didn’t know what the book was about really, I went on reading for about 50 pages and I realized that the book’s author is gay and hell he openly wrote about their gay perversions every so often in the story, I tried reading it anyway than bug myself about the meeting back home I was about to miss, though I was wary about the other passengers beside me if they knew the book and think I’m gay and Im flying to bangkok to get transplants or something or be in gay company, there are a lot of their kind around in this place.

When I landed and had my turn at the immigration counter, the officer asked for my boarding pass which I don’t remember being asked from me often in the past. Funny I used my boarding pass to bookmark the pages I was done reading in the book and I just pulled it out and gave it to the officer that I lost track from where I was reading, but I didn’t mind anyway, I wasn’t going back to the book soon or probably even finish it.

I got out from my hotel around six already and there wasn’t much to do at that hour anyway so I just went to some fastfood and eat spicy as how I wanted to write about in the first place. The foodcourt I ate in looked so classy and stylish because it were at some business district and you had all these young urban people eating around in their ties, but the food is pretty cheap though, its those people with their ties that only make it look expensive. There was a sign on the seasoning table that almost sounded like a welcome sign to my taste buds.


I took the note as: everything goes.


The first siamese word I learned years ago is nam which meant water, I learned that word the hard way because I wasn’t acquainted yet with how fiery the food here can get and I just took a mouthful of spices that it left me taste buds burning and asking for anything to rinse it with, I called to the waiter for water and hell he didn’t understand a simple english word like water and the more I couldn’t repeat saying water any longer from my mouth because it was goddam burning. So I had to motion my hand like I was holding some glass and that I’m gulping heavily, and to my relief the waiter exclaimed “oh, nam” and rushed to get me a glassful.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger keloyd said...

mahilig ako sa maanghang, pero hindi sa masabaw o sa noodles

12:40 PM

 
Blogger Lib said...

it figures, you have this cuisine they call bicol express over and around your place, is everything else there spicy?

9:37 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home