Gnomes and Gremlins
Hell took over the weather last tuesday night, my room was so hot that I hadn’t found myself sweating so much at the dead of night for quite sometime already. I was going to have my rounds of alcohol at my desk to get me crawling to bed to sleep anyway but I swear I was still going to sweat that much when I sleep and my sweat will smell of alcohol, it happens and I can smell it sometimes.
I decided to turn on the air conditioner in my room to cool down the place a bit, the last time I remember turning it on was more than two years ago, because Im pretty much used to sleeping over a running electric fan. I was sort of scared to plug it at first because I felt it might short circuit and blow up or something for being idle for so long, it didn’t anyway. It made the same noises when I turned it on and I was expecting it to blow out from its vent tiny bones and the scent of decay since I felt little mice, lizards, gnomes and gremlins must have taken refuge inside it while it was dormant, but the only thing it blew out was a lot of dust, these pests must have found sanctuary someplace else in my room other than inside the air conditioner.
Hitler and the british air force believed that little wayward gremlins wrecked their planes when airborne during world war II causing air accidents, I think I too have gremlins and gnomes running around in my room alongside mice and lizards. When I get home, I usually empty my pockets from the trinkets I carry around like my headphones, car keys, thumb drives, pens, lighter and I always leave them on my desk, and the next day an item or two would always be missing and I would waste a lot of time looking for it only to find it under my bed or in another pant’s pocket or someplace else when I’m so goddam sure I left it in my desk the night before. I think they take my stuffs around when Im drinking in my room or I am just my own gremlin when Im drunk.
I had a good night’s sleep yet I was late for work the next day, I was busy cramming my paperworks in my desk when this operations manager of some big company across the block came up to me telling me that his boss wanted to see me, you see I had plans of developing some area that this big CEO owned, but most of the time I was just taking my plans with her operations manager that I wasn’t expecting that CEO wanted to talk about it with me in person. The OM was waiting to lead me to her office but I told him I’d catch up after finishing some papers but hell I was nervous, I was also lucky that I took a very decent shirt to wear to work that morning except that I was wearing slippers and jeans which I already wore yesterday.
I got to her inner sanctum and there were a lot of these expensive dashboard icons around the room, which I bet was plenty enough to go about for gnomes and gremlins in that place if there were any. The CEO looked pretty much simple for somebody owning a big business district though you could see some streaks of elegance in her. I took a seat in front of her and gave her my good morning grin, I never stood up from my seat thereon til I left, else let her see more what crap I wore from my waist below. We went down to the blueprints and I gave her my proposals, she was going to draw some of her suggestions over the paper, she was looking for pencils and she sunk her hand into this little jar in her desk, I could tell she got that little jar as gift from somebody, people buy you those stuffs when they can’t think of anything else. Anyway she shook her head while searching inside the jar saying
“Where did all my pencils go?”
I was replying to her in my mind that she must have pencil-gnomes hiding in her office. She did find an inch-long pencil on the bottom of the jar them pencil-gnomes missed though. She used it to draw some sketches and she would always apologize for not being so good at drawing, yet I think she very particular from the way she draws even when she’s already on top of her company’s food chain.
I left her office and I got out on the streets feeling so hungry, there is this hamburger stop right around the corner that I decided to grab a bite and because the place serves grilled burgers which you don’t get to eat often here. I was going to have the cheapest grilled burger but I felt like some goddam hot shot that noon that I though of having the most expensive grilled burger they had, which on the menu was grilled kimchi burger. I was hungry and all I could think of is how great it would taste, I had the menu on hand while watching the cable news which was showing the aftermath of a school shooting in virginia by a korean student that left 33 people dead, I swear this korean was nuts and then I had second thoughts of eating this burger with their kimchi that this krazy korean must have konsumed a lot, so I ended up ordering just the plain grilled burger.
I decided to turn on the air conditioner in my room to cool down the place a bit, the last time I remember turning it on was more than two years ago, because Im pretty much used to sleeping over a running electric fan. I was sort of scared to plug it at first because I felt it might short circuit and blow up or something for being idle for so long, it didn’t anyway. It made the same noises when I turned it on and I was expecting it to blow out from its vent tiny bones and the scent of decay since I felt little mice, lizards, gnomes and gremlins must have taken refuge inside it while it was dormant, but the only thing it blew out was a lot of dust, these pests must have found sanctuary someplace else in my room other than inside the air conditioner.
Hitler and the british air force believed that little wayward gremlins wrecked their planes when airborne during world war II causing air accidents, I think I too have gremlins and gnomes running around in my room alongside mice and lizards. When I get home, I usually empty my pockets from the trinkets I carry around like my headphones, car keys, thumb drives, pens, lighter and I always leave them on my desk, and the next day an item or two would always be missing and I would waste a lot of time looking for it only to find it under my bed or in another pant’s pocket or someplace else when I’m so goddam sure I left it in my desk the night before. I think they take my stuffs around when Im drinking in my room or I am just my own gremlin when Im drunk.
I had a good night’s sleep yet I was late for work the next day, I was busy cramming my paperworks in my desk when this operations manager of some big company across the block came up to me telling me that his boss wanted to see me, you see I had plans of developing some area that this big CEO owned, but most of the time I was just taking my plans with her operations manager that I wasn’t expecting that CEO wanted to talk about it with me in person. The OM was waiting to lead me to her office but I told him I’d catch up after finishing some papers but hell I was nervous, I was also lucky that I took a very decent shirt to wear to work that morning except that I was wearing slippers and jeans which I already wore yesterday.
I got to her inner sanctum and there were a lot of these expensive dashboard icons around the room, which I bet was plenty enough to go about for gnomes and gremlins in that place if there were any. The CEO looked pretty much simple for somebody owning a big business district though you could see some streaks of elegance in her. I took a seat in front of her and gave her my good morning grin, I never stood up from my seat thereon til I left, else let her see more what crap I wore from my waist below. We went down to the blueprints and I gave her my proposals, she was going to draw some of her suggestions over the paper, she was looking for pencils and she sunk her hand into this little jar in her desk, I could tell she got that little jar as gift from somebody, people buy you those stuffs when they can’t think of anything else. Anyway she shook her head while searching inside the jar saying
“Where did all my pencils go?”
I was replying to her in my mind that she must have pencil-gnomes hiding in her office. She did find an inch-long pencil on the bottom of the jar them pencil-gnomes missed though. She used it to draw some sketches and she would always apologize for not being so good at drawing, yet I think she very particular from the way she draws even when she’s already on top of her company’s food chain.
I left her office and I got out on the streets feeling so hungry, there is this hamburger stop right around the corner that I decided to grab a bite and because the place serves grilled burgers which you don’t get to eat often here. I was going to have the cheapest grilled burger but I felt like some goddam hot shot that noon that I though of having the most expensive grilled burger they had, which on the menu was grilled kimchi burger. I was hungry and all I could think of is how great it would taste, I had the menu on hand while watching the cable news which was showing the aftermath of a school shooting in virginia by a korean student that left 33 people dead, I swear this korean was nuts and then I had second thoughts of eating this burger with their kimchi that this krazy korean must have konsumed a lot, so I ended up ordering just the plain grilled burger.

1 Comments:
i swear, you have The Borrowers in your house. they borrow stuff you leave lying around. oh they do return your stuff but you have to find it some place else. =)
1:58 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home