See you smokers in Hell
I was waiting for my flight back home in the airport, I had a hell lot of time to kill since I checked in early. I wanted to stay in manila for another night though since it was edgar’s birthday and he was asking me to join him and his girl for dinner at his place. Romel and his wife were also going to join them, romel is a college classmate and I owe him big time because I used to sleep at the floor of his pad in visayas avenue for a week when I had these late night classes in law school that would end at midnight, I haven’t met up with him since.
Anyway I was sitting at the pre departure lobby, I had a stick of cigarette in my pockets and the smoking room was almost empty and I decided to smoke it there. I wanted to go loosen up some nerves and think about getting myself a new job. I borrowed a pack of matches from the two Americans inside since I didn’t have anything to light my stick, then this horde of Koreans flocked into the smoking room, they were like 20 or something and each of them had name tags swinging on their necks probably in case they get lost or go up on a different plane, and each of them were so eager to smoke that they squeezed all their korean lungs into the room. The Korean in front of me also didn’t have any lights and he too asked for the matchbox, he lighted his stick and gave it back to the American and he yelled something so joyfully in Korean, he must have said that we were his brothers in nicotine or maybe that to see you smokers in hell when you’re dead, I bet the American didn’t figure out that one too.
I got out of the room smelling like an ashtray.
Anyway I was sitting at the pre departure lobby, I had a stick of cigarette in my pockets and the smoking room was almost empty and I decided to smoke it there. I wanted to go loosen up some nerves and think about getting myself a new job. I borrowed a pack of matches from the two Americans inside since I didn’t have anything to light my stick, then this horde of Koreans flocked into the smoking room, they were like 20 or something and each of them had name tags swinging on their necks probably in case they get lost or go up on a different plane, and each of them were so eager to smoke that they squeezed all their korean lungs into the room. The Korean in front of me also didn’t have any lights and he too asked for the matchbox, he lighted his stick and gave it back to the American and he yelled something so joyfully in Korean, he must have said that we were his brothers in nicotine or maybe that to see you smokers in hell when you’re dead, I bet the American didn’t figure out that one too.
I got out of the room smelling like an ashtray.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home