A year's worth of thoughts
It’s been like two weeks since I wrote anything in my blog, there were a couple of good thoughts I should have saved for my blog but I guess I am just not in the mood to write and I do feel miserable lately too.
Yesterday was also the Chinese mid autumn festival, or like the big deal they made out of the 8th full moon of the lunar calendar. But last night it rained like hell and there was no full moon up in the sky, and my parents just got home from manila because they had to attend to our neighbor’s wedding, and since they had nothing great for dinner at home I took the car with my two brothers to grab some pizza instead of the traditional moon cakes the Chinese are supposed to eat because these pastries were round like the moon or something. The pizza’s round too anyway.
I don’t feel like writing. Five days ago my blog turned a year old, I know I could have written a lot about the best of times and the worse of times about saving my year’s worth of thoughts, but hell I feel miserable. I did drink a lot for my miserability’s sake but hell I guess alcohol isn’t helping that much.
Right now I’m thinking of this really great place to run away and drink, it was this lounge at this hotel where I stayed in Puerto princesa city last april, and it was the finest place I ever drank in this year. The lounge was empty, I was the only guest sitting at the place, there was a waiter and this geeky looking guy in glasses playing the piano, and from where I sat they had this great big window where you could see the stone fountain and the brick pavement below and the big starry night sky above. And the geek playing the piano had talent, I asked him to play this song “just the way you are” and hell it was the second best piece I’ve heard next to Barry White’s, then he went on playing “arthur’s theme” and hell I felt like falling in love with nobody. I feel so miserable right now I wish I could go back there, with the same geek on the piano and the same night sky and the same empty lounge with all the beers. The whole package would sound depressing to some but it can kick this miserability to overdrive and make me feel great just being alone.
Yesterday was also the Chinese mid autumn festival, or like the big deal they made out of the 8th full moon of the lunar calendar. But last night it rained like hell and there was no full moon up in the sky, and my parents just got home from manila because they had to attend to our neighbor’s wedding, and since they had nothing great for dinner at home I took the car with my two brothers to grab some pizza instead of the traditional moon cakes the Chinese are supposed to eat because these pastries were round like the moon or something. The pizza’s round too anyway.
I don’t feel like writing. Five days ago my blog turned a year old, I know I could have written a lot about the best of times and the worse of times about saving my year’s worth of thoughts, but hell I feel miserable. I did drink a lot for my miserability’s sake but hell I guess alcohol isn’t helping that much.
Right now I’m thinking of this really great place to run away and drink, it was this lounge at this hotel where I stayed in Puerto princesa city last april, and it was the finest place I ever drank in this year. The lounge was empty, I was the only guest sitting at the place, there was a waiter and this geeky looking guy in glasses playing the piano, and from where I sat they had this great big window where you could see the stone fountain and the brick pavement below and the big starry night sky above. And the geek playing the piano had talent, I asked him to play this song “just the way you are” and hell it was the second best piece I’ve heard next to Barry White’s, then he went on playing “arthur’s theme” and hell I felt like falling in love with nobody. I feel so miserable right now I wish I could go back there, with the same geek on the piano and the same night sky and the same empty lounge with all the beers. The whole package would sound depressing to some but it can kick this miserability to overdrive and make me feel great just being alone.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home