It grew on my left ankle
I have this growing irritation on my left ankle, I don’t know what it is but it itches like hell. My mother suggested I go to this skin doctor she heard from her friends. I took the morning off and got to her clinic, it was a rainy Monday morning anyway and the rainy mood made me feel a little lazy for work.
The doctor had a small clinic, I sat and waited for my turn in this bench which was good for about five people. There were a lot of rich old women going about the place, you could hear them talk about their darling grandsons and those little golden trinkets hanging by their skins which they have little lifetime to brag about in their old age. It was like the golden girls’ tea party by the clinic. Then an old lady in a wheelchair crossed the clinic, I think her skin problems were these warts she kept pointing at both her arms. She should have learned somewhere that warts come with old age, and besides her wrinkled skin hid most of the warts anyway, but guess it still bothered her that much since that’s what she gets to stare at all day long in her wheelchair. She stopped in front of me while she asked for her medical bills from the clinic’s receptionist. She had to call one of her nannies to read the bill to her since she couldn’t probably see things clear at her age too, maybe except for her warts.
“one thousand pipti!” her nanny exclaimed
“feeef-teeee! (fifty)” she yelled as she tried to correct her nanny’s funny accent in speaking English, at least her hearing is still intact. Her nanny tried to get away with her embarrassment, she saw that my feet was on her master’s wheelchair’s path and though they were not yet leaving, she called to me to get out of the way. Goddam lady was rude and she felt like I were her fellow servant babysitting my own old master to that clinic, but I need not mind her because she has problems, like her accent. I stood up and went outside the clinic, I wanted to go out and get some air anyway, and there was this cute girl using the phone right outside the clinic too.
I went inside the doctor’s room came my turn. She was about in her mid 40’s and she was reading the forms I filled up earlier when I got inside, perhaps trying to think of how to start the ball rolling with me. I pulled my socks down and showed her my ankle. She didn’t give much look at it, she said it was a licheny something. She typed it down her computer and it showed me a slide show about the ankle irritation I had. Then a picture appeared on the screen, it was almost the same as the one I had in my ankle but a little worse, and the poor schlep in the picture had it right above his penis. I didn’t know if I were supposed to ask the doctor about it laughing, I just told her that it grew nowhere else except on my ankle.
Hell I should be happy it grew on my ankle.
The doctor had a small clinic, I sat and waited for my turn in this bench which was good for about five people. There were a lot of rich old women going about the place, you could hear them talk about their darling grandsons and those little golden trinkets hanging by their skins which they have little lifetime to brag about in their old age. It was like the golden girls’ tea party by the clinic. Then an old lady in a wheelchair crossed the clinic, I think her skin problems were these warts she kept pointing at both her arms. She should have learned somewhere that warts come with old age, and besides her wrinkled skin hid most of the warts anyway, but guess it still bothered her that much since that’s what she gets to stare at all day long in her wheelchair. She stopped in front of me while she asked for her medical bills from the clinic’s receptionist. She had to call one of her nannies to read the bill to her since she couldn’t probably see things clear at her age too, maybe except for her warts.
“one thousand pipti!” her nanny exclaimed
“feeef-teeee! (fifty)” she yelled as she tried to correct her nanny’s funny accent in speaking English, at least her hearing is still intact. Her nanny tried to get away with her embarrassment, she saw that my feet was on her master’s wheelchair’s path and though they were not yet leaving, she called to me to get out of the way. Goddam lady was rude and she felt like I were her fellow servant babysitting my own old master to that clinic, but I need not mind her because she has problems, like her accent. I stood up and went outside the clinic, I wanted to go out and get some air anyway, and there was this cute girl using the phone right outside the clinic too.
I went inside the doctor’s room came my turn. She was about in her mid 40’s and she was reading the forms I filled up earlier when I got inside, perhaps trying to think of how to start the ball rolling with me. I pulled my socks down and showed her my ankle. She didn’t give much look at it, she said it was a licheny something. She typed it down her computer and it showed me a slide show about the ankle irritation I had. Then a picture appeared on the screen, it was almost the same as the one I had in my ankle but a little worse, and the poor schlep in the picture had it right above his penis. I didn’t know if I were supposed to ask the doctor about it laughing, I just told her that it grew nowhere else except on my ankle.
Hell I should be happy it grew on my ankle.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home