Being Lib ...or something like it

Monday, November 06, 2006

The 5th of November

Remember, remember, the 5th of November
The Gunpowder Treason and plot
I know of no reason why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot


This was from some ode they made up for this british revolutionary guy fawkes which I've heard from this movie v for vendetta that I saw earlier this year (guy fawkes, yes we all do), the protagonist in the movie wore a smiling guy fawkes mask and was his role model because he wanted to blow something up on november the 5th which fawkes wanted to do, nothing blew up today in this part of the globe though. One thing that drew me to watch this vendetta movie is because it is an adaptation of an alan moore comic book, and most alan moore comic books that made it to the big screen were great, like john constantine and the concept of the league of extraordinary gentlemen, but vendetta wasn’t as good, it was like some brainwash movie for potential rebels to come out to mutiny.

I’m not a big fan of moore’s work but I do have the violator set of comic books he wrote, I got them when I was in high school and took me most of my dough for those stuff, but it was pretty good though, I don’t get bored reading those comic books over again every so often.

My classmates from manila were also here in my hometown for the weekend and I got everybody wasted last night over beer at jason’s restaurant, it was fun, they loved the place because the ambience was peaceful and they said the music sounds like starbucks, well you don’t get drunk over at starbucks often.

1 Comments:

Blogger keloyd said...

but you could go to starbucks drunk, yeh? yeah!!! hehe

nagustuhan ko yung movie. para maiba naman. trip ko lang concept

11:30 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home