Orcs at eBay
My brother has a penchant for collectibles and during one of his expeditions in the internet, he found this item up for an auction at ebay and with lesser hobby shops existing in this part of the country, my brother wanted to try his luck in ebay. Here’s how it works, somebody puts up an item for an auction at ebay, bidding will last for a week, and bidders place their prices online. My brother registered himself and used this useless orc character in some board game to be his avatar, he then placed his bid for that item on just the second bidding day. Nobody bothered to outbid him and he was confident he’ll win. But then suddenly on the seventh day during the last few hours of bidding when suddenly hordes of other bidders came and threw prices til the item was fivefold than what my brother bidded.
Finding this challenged posed by ebay, my brother started another bidding campaign on another item he fancied, and this time he threw his bid the same way other crafty bidders did, on the last hour of the auction which for that item, ended at midnight, raising his bid each time by two dollars. I was probably drunk at that hour so I wasn’t checking on his progress, only that he roused me the next morning that he just won his first auction.
He got his package and now hooked to online bidding, he surfed for more items to buy. There was this item, but a worthless item, on auction and the starting bid was peanuts anyway. The item was up at its first day of bidding so my brother placed a bid about a couple of cents higher, he was confident that some other sucker will soon outbid him, and he never wanted that item anyway. In short he was just bidding for the sake of it.
It was a trash item indeed and two days ago to my brothers horror, nobody outbid him and he won the auction. He was screaming, but I told him the trash he bought was pretty much worth the little scrap money he bidded.
He said
“Scrap money or not, but I’m still paying a whole lot of dough for the parcel so that they can send me the junk I bought!”
Finding this challenged posed by ebay, my brother started another bidding campaign on another item he fancied, and this time he threw his bid the same way other crafty bidders did, on the last hour of the auction which for that item, ended at midnight, raising his bid each time by two dollars. I was probably drunk at that hour so I wasn’t checking on his progress, only that he roused me the next morning that he just won his first auction.
He got his package and now hooked to online bidding, he surfed for more items to buy. There was this item, but a worthless item, on auction and the starting bid was peanuts anyway. The item was up at its first day of bidding so my brother placed a bid about a couple of cents higher, he was confident that some other sucker will soon outbid him, and he never wanted that item anyway. In short he was just bidding for the sake of it.
It was a trash item indeed and two days ago to my brothers horror, nobody outbid him and he won the auction. He was screaming, but I told him the trash he bought was pretty much worth the little scrap money he bidded.
He said
“Scrap money or not, but I’m still paying a whole lot of dough for the parcel so that they can send me the junk I bought!”

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home