Being Lib ...or something like it

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Neverwhere

I can’t find anything amusing to write about for two weeks now, nothing like last month there was this wayward planet’s quest for earth recognition, the pope reviving quotes from constantinople, 2,000 leaks under the sea and one sting ray’s success over the reptile kingdom proving that one sting can do the trick than fifty sharp teeth combined. It must have been the weather or something, it had been raining like hell and it brought my depression to overdrive again.

Anyway I took the flight to manila this morning because I was getting too bored back home, my brother wanted to tag along to my trip but I was too keen on taking him with me, I wanted to be alone for a while.

I got myself another book by neil gaiman earlier this week and I wasn’t reading it that much because I was saving it for my flight today and perhaps any occasion thereon that will require patience in waiting which I am not fond of. Funny I wasn’t reading gaiman’s masterpiece “the sandman” but I fell asleep after reading for only about fifty pages up in the plane. The book is good but I was just too sleepy because I had to pack my things in a rush last night yet still found time for beer past midnight, must have slept for only around 3 hours this morning at bed.

I was planning on finishing some business affairs first thing when I got to manila this morning, but from the time I got a cab from the airport it was only a couple of minutes after eight, and its way too early. So I decided to get myself a room first and hit the sack for maybe an hour and work later, the taxi driver didn’t complain much when I told him to change our route midway from where he was driving to, there wasn’t much traffic on the road anyway. There was some really really big storm that hit manila a week ago and I think it blew every away motorist on the road that traffic today was so open. That storm didn’t like trees too and I saw it did a good job uprooting a lot of trees in open parks, though most of the downed trees are now tilting stumps while the rest of its bark already chopped to pieces, it was like firewood is being sold all over the streets. It figures, the driver told me that the storm screwed electricity all over the city for a couple of days, the storm took down a lot of electric post too, probably mistook them as trees.

I found my turn in cursing this storm when I got to my hotel, I found out that this storm got the hotel’s elevator to stop working. Either the storm was clever enough to screw an elevator from inside out of a building or it was a good excuse to boost tips to room service as they carry your luggage up from the stairs. I’ve stayed in this hotel a couple of times and the reception knows I never asked help from room service, I always carry my own trash to my room, well this time it was damn hard using the stairs.

Halfway to the second floor I crossed the stairs with some old geezer who was slowly making his way down clamping beside the banister, I was looking at how feeble he took each step by step and suddenly adrenaline rushed into me going up the stairs while I heard his thoughts saying:

damn this storm for screwing the elevator, my days are already numbered and it’s eating too much of my little time left going down these stairs

3 Comments:

Blogger kath said...

in the distant future:
you are going up the flight of stairs and you happen to glance at the young person going the other way and you'll be reminded of...

YOU

=)

1:49 PM

 
Blogger Cee said...

yeah, i guess the weather is getting into u. that's why i hate the rain and anything associated with it bcoz it depresses me. i feel like my world just isn't what i want it to be. hehe, i always get bitter. *winks*

2:55 PM

 
Blogger Lib said...

Was it because I named myself the 2nd weatherman?

There will be some things I will miss doing when Im old, that is if I dont die sooner

10:04 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home