Being Lib ...or something like it

Sunday, September 04, 2005

Drinking with Rehnquist

I got two great jazz mp3s today, though I didn’t get to contradict both songs on purpose, their titles were: “You’re a fine girl” by looking glass and “Ugly girl” by fionna apple. They both sound great.

Last saturday night I had a hell lot of beers, I was to join some friends for some beer at some bar but it turned out to be a blunder. I left for home early and ended up drinking at my desk, I didn’t feel like myself too so I drank a little more than the usual. I fell asleep around 2 in the morning, and by 4 my brother heard me talking in my sleep, though I can't remember dreaming that night. My brother couldn’t make out some of the words I muttered though I did say “red horse” and something like “request”. Red horse is a local beer known for its rather strong alcohol content (oh great now I’m drinking in my sleep) but what was also so strange was that when I said "request" in my sleep, I could have meant Rehnquist, and on that same day US chief justice Rehnquist passed away. I don’t seem to remember dreaming about me drinking red horse with the head of the US supreme court, in fact I haven’t heard his name from adam. He must be one of those really brilliant people that can make me feel so dumb when I go reading through what they write about the law.

I used to read some American jurisprudence in school, the same things Rehnquist writes and they sure do pack a lot of head ache, I remember my teacher telling me to make a paper about our country’s judiciary in a nutshell because I didn’t do well during the last exams. He wasn’t going to discuss it in class anymore so he left it to me to write about all the important details for the class to read, I felt I had everybody’s neck on the line if I screw this paper. My teacher showed me that I should kick off from this am jur Marbury vs Madison (and that's just one, I had 50 something more of that to read) my teacher has a Harvard law degree so it was his kind of stuff, but for me I had to spend hours reading it and trying to make sense out of it. I remember that the piece was written sometime during Jefferson's period and one things for sure, Rehnquist wasn't around yet to write it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home