Being Lib ...or something like it

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Apathy to Kittens and Salesmen

I still don’t feel like myself.

Work was boring, and it was so hell boring that I even lost track of what day it was, like last wednesday I was asking for a copy of the shipments due that day from my father’s secretary and she gave me friday’s list and told me it was already friday.

Some friends asked me to go bar hopping both friday and saturday nights. Though I wanted to get alcohol on my system after work, I declined to their offer since I never liked the idea about bar hopping to crowded places, and especially when I’m very miserable at the moment. But late saturday night ariel called me up with the better alternative I was hoping for, that if I wanted to go have some beers. I met up with ariel on this little vendor's hut by the streets about some blocks away from home, I was planning to go out with the shirt and pants I was wearing from home to the place, but fortunately I brought along another extra blue shirt which I later swung on because of the cold of the night. We had a table right on the sidewalk watching random motorist hit the road, it was a great place even when we did not have any music to go with our beers because we still had the whole dead silence of the night to keep us depressed. The only thing bothering us was this little stray kitten under our table asking for scraps and its cries caught ariel’s sympathy and he almost took the feline bastard home, the vendor’s hut closed at midnight and ariel carried the kitten on our way home for almost a block, he said the poor thing sounded like a child looking for its mother, and he was getting all too soft with the kitten. I convinced him to save himself the trouble of having another pet at home so we finally left it beside some trash can where its kind can probably grow to become an alley cat, which right now I realized I just set loose another pest on the streets. But besides ariel wouldn’t be so happy to see me kill the kitten.

Sunday I was supposed to drive my parents to the airport first thing in the morning but they changed their minds so I had the morning til 10 to doze off.

Then monday morning some new sales agent jerk popped at our office. First of all I didn’t like him, he was the kind of person that you knew you’d hate before you knew them or even before they just start talking. He was fat too, and it wasn’t the kind of fat he grew through aging, it looked like it was the fat he had from childhood. I was standing up against the wall and I only had my white shirt and working shorts on, he didn’t give much of a damn to me since I looked pretty sloppy and he just went up to my father’s secretary asking for an audience from the management. She could have driven the jerk away but she was caught off guard and had me facing the agent, he then turned to me and started calling me sir and all that nonsense, I’m too keen about people calling me sir spontaneously when they hardly knew me or my drinking problems or stuffs about me. And when he was facing me and talking about his crap, both his eyeballs were focused up to the ceiling which I began glancing up myself to see what the hell he was staring at, only to find out that this guy also had eyeball problems, his eyeballs can’t focus straight to where he's looking, and now he began to look amusing. Anyway I told this guy about the country's economy falling apart and all and we are not anymore interested in expanding business further.

He didn’t get the hint, he came back twice later that day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home