Third rock from the sun
I was on my way to get some mp3 songs from my cousin’s place after work yesterday but I chanced upon this mall book sale instead. They were selling second hand books and the last time a scavenged a good book from a book sale was months ago when I bought this rare comic book for peanuts. This time I got myself a history book, it had a 200 price tag but it was in pretty good shape anyway. It’s a book about documents written by great people in the past that shaped history. It is quite interesting that I found myself reading this book since yesterday night. Here’s a something I found amusing.
“The reason produced for condemning the opinion that the earth moves and the sun stands still is that many places in the bible, one may read that the sun moves around and the earth stands still. Since the bible cannot err, it follows as a necessary consequence that anyone takes an erroneous and heretical position who maintains that the sun is inherently motionless and the earth movable.”
“The reason produced for condemning the opinion that the earth moves and the sun stands still is that many places in the bible, one may read that the sun moves around and the earth stands still. Since the bible cannot err, it follows as a necessary consequence that anyone takes an erroneous and heretical position who maintains that the sun is inherently motionless and the earth movable.”
Galileo to the Grand Duchess Cristina of Tuscany
Circa 1632
Circa 1632
After narrow minded Christian priests took him for a fool for saying that the earth revolves around the sun which they believed otherwise. The priests were probably planning to screw the laws of the universe with religion.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home