Simian Crook
I was robbed today in palawan
I was walking and I held a pack of cooked rice, a pack of beef stew and some donuts on my right hand when this thief jumped from behind me, tore off the plastic bag and took off with the pack of cooked rice in a flash. My meal didnt cost much but the local inn where I bought it was already kilometers away, and that was all I had for lunch.
And the bastard who stole my rice was a grey monkey about the size of a turkey.
I could have ran after the simian crook but them I was in a wildlife preserve and there were rangers on guard against people who would harm the animals there. Should he have taken something more of value I could have wished for that money to be sold in medical universities for students to disect his bowels for fun. The least I am hoping that could happen to that simian crook is for him to be donated to some rundown zoo where he would learn to beg for scraps behind bars.
My uncle's driver-friend fetched me from the place, I was still cursing the simian crook in my seat and fuming mad on how my dumber primate ancestors outsmarted me today. The driver asked me how many monkeys ganged up on me, I told him it was just one monkey. He then told me that he has seen encounters where the monkeys would rob by bands, tossing stolen items to the other like some rugby game and it made you think if these monkeys did work from a circus before.
Thievery is one innate trait that even evolution cannot change in primates.
I was walking and I held a pack of cooked rice, a pack of beef stew and some donuts on my right hand when this thief jumped from behind me, tore off the plastic bag and took off with the pack of cooked rice in a flash. My meal didnt cost much but the local inn where I bought it was already kilometers away, and that was all I had for lunch.
And the bastard who stole my rice was a grey monkey about the size of a turkey.
I could have ran after the simian crook but them I was in a wildlife preserve and there were rangers on guard against people who would harm the animals there. Should he have taken something more of value I could have wished for that money to be sold in medical universities for students to disect his bowels for fun. The least I am hoping that could happen to that simian crook is for him to be donated to some rundown zoo where he would learn to beg for scraps behind bars.
My uncle's driver-friend fetched me from the place, I was still cursing the simian crook in my seat and fuming mad on how my dumber primate ancestors outsmarted me today. The driver asked me how many monkeys ganged up on me, I told him it was just one monkey. He then told me that he has seen encounters where the monkeys would rob by bands, tossing stolen items to the other like some rugby game and it made you think if these monkeys did work from a circus before.
Thievery is one innate trait that even evolution cannot change in primates.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home