Bitter Lack Nix Time
Ive had a runny nose for like a week already. I didn’t skip work though but it made me stack a lot of trash tissues in the office with damp compliments from my clogged nose.
Max called me up around 8pm a while ago. I thought he called to bug me since I was still working at the office at that time. A little later he called me again on my mobile phone and I knew he was up to something, he asked me to join him and his girl for dinner. They were at this new restaurant whose name is synonymous with a solar explosion. I had been there once and their food isn’t that great, the place looked too stylish with all the formalities the waiter had to make but their grub tasted pretty much like cafeteria food, less the hassle of lining up with a tray anyway and besides, max said he’d take care of the bill.
Came 9pm max already started to yawn. I think max is some sort of a solar powered human being, he always sleeps a only little later right after sunset. He finished grade school in the united states but that was long enough for him to adjust the jet lag he made after settling here. I took max and his girl to the coffee shop across the restaurant to get them to have some coffee while holding max’s drowsiness at bay and getting them to kill some more time. Starbucks the place it was not, but it is the closest thing to being one in our city, making it the central watering hole for social caffeine drinkers. Max didn’t drink anything though, he still kept yawning while nagging me every minute to finish my coffee off.
One of the more interesting topic that came up when we were at the coffee shop was about this boxing match yesterday, featuring this boxer pacquiao who lost the match with a well deserved embarrassment after his month long arrogance. He was up against a mexican boxer who was the underdog of that match, but the mexican boxer proved his worth after defeating pacquiao, tearing pac’s upper eyelid and swelling his right cheek leaving the over confident boxer with a bloody.
After the match, the mexican boxer was interviewed, he cant speak English and some translator had to help him talk, but when I heard his spanish accent, it sounded very regal and so full of history. When it was pac’s turn to talk, he knew a handful of english but it was flawed by his accent, like “bitter lack nix time (better luck next time)” and by his grammar, like “I do my bist (I did my best)” and he kept saying “yu no, yu no (you know)” in between his lines, giving the audience the freedom to augment with sympathy for whatever particular vague thought he is trying to say. He shouldn’t have attempted talking.
I went out for a drink with jason and some friends last saturday night. It was the night before sunday’s boxing match, and I could hear everybody getting excited about it. Some were already placing bets for the match, and they were not staking their cash on either boxers, they were actually placing bets on which round the mexican boxer will fall. They should be thanking pacquiao by now for losing the match and keeping everybody happy with their betting money intact.
Max called me up around 8pm a while ago. I thought he called to bug me since I was still working at the office at that time. A little later he called me again on my mobile phone and I knew he was up to something, he asked me to join him and his girl for dinner. They were at this new restaurant whose name is synonymous with a solar explosion. I had been there once and their food isn’t that great, the place looked too stylish with all the formalities the waiter had to make but their grub tasted pretty much like cafeteria food, less the hassle of lining up with a tray anyway and besides, max said he’d take care of the bill.
Came 9pm max already started to yawn. I think max is some sort of a solar powered human being, he always sleeps a only little later right after sunset. He finished grade school in the united states but that was long enough for him to adjust the jet lag he made after settling here. I took max and his girl to the coffee shop across the restaurant to get them to have some coffee while holding max’s drowsiness at bay and getting them to kill some more time. Starbucks the place it was not, but it is the closest thing to being one in our city, making it the central watering hole for social caffeine drinkers. Max didn’t drink anything though, he still kept yawning while nagging me every minute to finish my coffee off.
One of the more interesting topic that came up when we were at the coffee shop was about this boxing match yesterday, featuring this boxer pacquiao who lost the match with a well deserved embarrassment after his month long arrogance. He was up against a mexican boxer who was the underdog of that match, but the mexican boxer proved his worth after defeating pacquiao, tearing pac’s upper eyelid and swelling his right cheek leaving the over confident boxer with a bloody.
After the match, the mexican boxer was interviewed, he cant speak English and some translator had to help him talk, but when I heard his spanish accent, it sounded very regal and so full of history. When it was pac’s turn to talk, he knew a handful of english but it was flawed by his accent, like “bitter lack nix time (better luck next time)” and by his grammar, like “I do my bist (I did my best)” and he kept saying “yu no, yu no (you know)” in between his lines, giving the audience the freedom to augment with sympathy for whatever particular vague thought he is trying to say. He shouldn’t have attempted talking.
I went out for a drink with jason and some friends last saturday night. It was the night before sunday’s boxing match, and I could hear everybody getting excited about it. Some were already placing bets for the match, and they were not staking their cash on either boxers, they were actually placing bets on which round the mexican boxer will fall. They should be thanking pacquiao by now for losing the match and keeping everybody happy with their betting money intact.
The bars were crowded that night, most of the crowds were fresh graduates, either celebrating their accomplishment of earning a college degree or going out to celebrate their contribution to the unemployment rate. And most of them were from the university of san agustin, which had their graduation rites earlier that day. I had a reason to attend that graduation too since my uncle was the commencement speaker for that event, but I didnt since this was one of the major schools in our place, and I had a hunch that their campus is going to be jampacked like hell.
A little past twelve, me and jason gatecrashed into this bar and we met this very cute girl on the dance floor. She had quite an attitude and I was almost ten years her senior, making me realize this impending reality about aging. She was really cute though.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home