Mobile MP3
I got myself an MP3 player yesterday, it is about 3 inches long, about an inch wide and looked like them stopwatches people use to time athletes, and it wasn’t too expensive because it only had 128mb for its memory. Most techno-enthusiasts would find a 128mb too measly a memory for a gadget, that much space can only hold about 30 mp3 songs. But I don’t mind having 30 songs in my pocket, that playlist could go on playing for more than an hour, and that’s enough time spent listening to music when Im stuck in traffic in a cab or when Im home alone drinking.
I don’t see the practicality of having a player that can store up to 5000 songs: Imagine going to a restaurant where the waiter presents to you a menu with 5000 dishes to choose for the main course, its either you cant figure out what to eat or you wont find that particular dish you want to eat. And besides a whooping stack of 5000 songs is enough supply of distraction if I had ideas about hibernating under our basement for two weeks, or if all the music in the world has evolved into rock (similar to the earthly mineral devoid of value) should I then consider the thought of saving refined music by the thousands.
Im in manila and I’ll have to wait til Saturday when I get home to my pc to try out this MP3 player. I don’t have much to do for the rest of the day, except meet up with edgar tonight at macapagal ave for a couple of beers.
I don’t see the practicality of having a player that can store up to 5000 songs: Imagine going to a restaurant where the waiter presents to you a menu with 5000 dishes to choose for the main course, its either you cant figure out what to eat or you wont find that particular dish you want to eat. And besides a whooping stack of 5000 songs is enough supply of distraction if I had ideas about hibernating under our basement for two weeks, or if all the music in the world has evolved into rock (similar to the earthly mineral devoid of value) should I then consider the thought of saving refined music by the thousands.
Im in manila and I’ll have to wait til Saturday when I get home to my pc to try out this MP3 player. I don’t have much to do for the rest of the day, except meet up with edgar tonight at macapagal ave for a couple of beers.

1 Comments:
What the hell
2 years later I now have another mp3 player that has 512mb for a memory, and my mobile phone is also holding 124mb of mp3s
10:26 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home