Good Riddance, Lib likes this
I have to admit it, the reason why I rarely post in my blog for the past few years is because of facebook, I did say a couple of times I was busy with facebook games and crap but seriously I was busy watching other people for nothing. I was never a sociable person but sometimes having a facebook account alone with even just a fistful of facebook friends makes you look like you're trying to socialize in the least manner by being seen among your few friends, even if you're not even interacting like a phony on the internet. Its like been seen in a party but you're just there standing with your back against the wall and nobody coming to talk to you but you're still seen at the goddam party nonetheless.
So I deleted my whole account.
So I deleted my whole account.
What does facebook mean to me anyway? (how it started) I barely posted anything on my account for almost six years, maybe if I wanted to talk or leave somebody a message I'd turn to facebook. But without the facebook message system and peter or max wanted to say anything to me they would always call on my mobile phone, and I'd see ariel and the beer brigade on saturdays anyway and both my law school friends imer and edward neither have facebook accounts too. The rest of my friends, well they probably have my mobile number, I have been using one mobile number for so long already and the numbers recur in a pattern that even a goddam parrot can recite it in less than day. Or if they wanted to send me a message they'd send it to peter or max and these guys would just tell me afterwards which can buy me enough time to think of an answer or a great excuse, like this time during our high school reunion last year when our outstanding classmates had to send me a message through peter telling me that they're wondering why whenever they'd ask me through facebook about going to the reunion, I'd suddenly go off-line. I told peter that it was probably the goddam internet at our house going nuts, but seriously I was going off-line on purpose because I never wanted to attend the reunion anyway.
I'd probably miss looking at that dentist's pictures, because whenever I go missing her I'd go see her facebook.
Then I'd also miss this last game I have been playing in facebook, all my other games went bankrupt so I was stuck shooting zombies off my little cartoon backyard for facebook entertainment. But hell it will probably go bankrupt soon like every other game anyway.
For all its worth, this blog is far more valuable than my facebook account.
But somehow I found a certain kind of peace, my kind of peace that the hell I care about strangers in facebook or what other people say about you or what you have to show to other people to make you look awesome in other peoples stupid point of view at least, I'm blowing this joint that is facebook and going back to my writing desk with some beers. Its funny though when I did get to my writing desk I found out that I don't have a good working reading lamp anymore, sure I had been writing sporadic blog posts but I did miss writing on my journal notebook with a pen which such habit that should be running on its 20th year by now. I still find this journal thing useful because great thoughts would only come for moments and the only thing I could easily write it down on is my notebook before I forget all about it. You'd probably tell me to go buy a flat tablet computer as a better journal substitute but its too goddam expensive and I'd probably break or lose it soon enough, and pulling it out in places to write down a good thought makes you look like a phony showing off what fancy thing you could buy, everyone in my family has one though. I swear half of the people pulling out their computer tablet in places are just checking the time or the weather in some city they don't even know about just to be seen holding a goddam tablet like moses in front of a crowd of pilgrims. Just remember all the greatest stories this humanity has ever written were all written on paper.
For all its worth, this blog is far more valuable than my facebook account.
But somehow I found a certain kind of peace, my kind of peace that the hell I care about strangers in facebook or what other people say about you or what you have to show to other people to make you look awesome in other peoples stupid point of view at least, I'm blowing this joint that is facebook and going back to my writing desk with some beers. Its funny though when I did get to my writing desk I found out that I don't have a good working reading lamp anymore, sure I had been writing sporadic blog posts but I did miss writing on my journal notebook with a pen which such habit that should be running on its 20th year by now. I still find this journal thing useful because great thoughts would only come for moments and the only thing I could easily write it down on is my notebook before I forget all about it. You'd probably tell me to go buy a flat tablet computer as a better journal substitute but its too goddam expensive and I'd probably break or lose it soon enough, and pulling it out in places to write down a good thought makes you look like a phony showing off what fancy thing you could buy, everyone in my family has one though. I swear half of the people pulling out their computer tablet in places are just checking the time or the weather in some city they don't even know about just to be seen holding a goddam tablet like moses in front of a crowd of pilgrims. Just remember all the greatest stories this humanity has ever written were all written on paper.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home