Being Lib ...or something like it

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

See You When I Get There

Madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push

the joker
the dark
knight

My head had been blank the past few weeks and I couldn’t get myself to write anything until I got to watch this new batman movie the dark knight last night, and all it took was this movie to push the madness that is me writing back on its feet.

The movie is great and like what everybody said, they made the most disturbing joker character, it’ll take more than a lot of good acting to come up with a psychologically messed up character like that because it left the actor dead after doing a great joker role, but the batman though croaks like a toad on steroids every time he talks with his mask on that the hard leather must be tight somewhere around his throat, that if not for his temperament somebody around him could have already asked him if he wanted a glass of water.

There was this part in the movie in hong kong where morgan freeman passes some spying mobile phone to bruce wayne while he was taking pictures of the place, it was funny because I was at that exact same spot a month ago. That place is some sort of a platform that connects these elevators that take commuters up and down the mid level district because the whole area is on a slope and gravity will not be on your side and it will indeed take that little push to get you down. Anyway I was also stopping at that same spot because the view there is certainly pretty, you could see this house that has a romantic little garden balcony and a little street below lined with lamp posts with chinamen in push carts full of vegetables or bread running about their miserable lives. Even if you were in a hurry, bruce wayne or not, you’d still want to stop there and just catch your breath or something, it was a pretty sight really.

While I was watching the scene, there were two ladies there who excused themselves, they weren’t morgan freeman though, they gave me this calling card they saw me drop, it was from my high school classmate duhong because he works at central district down the slope, but I didn’t visit him, I just pulled it out of my wallet earlier just in case I wanted to. Anyway I felt sort of thankful and I smiled back, I was surprised though when I overheard them talking behind my back in my goddam language back home, probably thinking I was some chinaman or from some other stupid race.

Why did you give it back to him?

And the other lady said

It wasn’t money anyway

I kept recalling this incident after watching that batman movie because weeks ago I was trying to figure out something to write but I couldn’t get anything running up my freaking head, I just got over at the bookstore across the block from home and maybe I could get a few ideas of something. I saw this book by zafra the 5 people you’ll meet in hell, the title sounded interesting but I didn’t buy or scan the book and after that I began to count people that I would probably meet in hell and maybe I could write my own list of five too, but the funny thing was every night I could already get to put like two or three people to my hell list and after some weeks I found out that I do hate a lot of people, and the batman movie just reminded me of two more people I'd like to see in hell when I bumped into them in hong kong last month. If I instead did drop money at that platform, those ladies would probably return in to me when we meet in hell, I don't think there's anything up for sale down there anyway.

And if there is one overused word in this blog, I must have said hell a hundred times over already, I’m just using it as a figure of speech as an emphasis on discontent or maybe just plain cursing, like why the hell did she do that for? And using the word a hundredfold over also seems that I do hate a lot of things. I never thought about the concept of the demographic hell though I’m already hoping to meet a lot of people there. I did think about how hell would look once, when I was in sophomore high we had this exam in english where the last part of the paper the teacher asked us to make a poem about just anything, and it only took me ten minutes to write a poem about hell, I don’t know why of all things but hell that came to my mind, maybe because hell was likely to come at the rate I was answering all those papers at examination week. I can’t remember what I wrote back then but my idea of a poem is getting the end words to rhyme, so I was pretty sure I used the phrases land of judgment and souls in torment.

After that examination week, the teacher said that he wasn’t expecting us to be writing something a grand poem like edgar allan poe’s in the exam but he’d give us all full points for trying anyway. He started to read some poems his class wrote that he liked and like all fourteen year olds, every poem he read was about falling in love and all that horse crap, but then soon he found my piece and then had to go reading what I wrote, then some of my classmates were already looking at my direction knowing if there was anybody that could come up with something so strange, that would be me, sure beats the hell out of dante aligheri in infernal ingenuity.

3 Comments:

Blogger keloyd said...

"Why did you give it back to him?

And the other lady said

It wasn’t money anyway"


hahaha! I bet these chicks werent hot pare, hahaha.

by the way you know trang bui?

7:29 AM

 
Blogger Jing said...

zafra??? like jessica zafra??? love her books..i dunno about u but i really like her....hahahahaha...maybe those ladies were just flirting...hahaha kidding:)

5:38 PM

 
Blogger Jing said...

haHAHA...i agree...still can't gt my hands on the twisted 8...but i'm sort of addicted to 6 and 7...can't wait to get a copy of twisted 8...don't have time to check out the bookstores...for now, i have to settle for the www.jessicarulestheuniverse.com...

7:11 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home