Being Lib ...or something like it

Friday, February 10, 2006

The Weatherman

I decided to change my URL to http://weatherman2.blogspot.com, the one I have been using for a year and a half “weatherman-lib” doesn’t sound so right. “weatherman” was my father’s pen name he spontaneously got from nowhere when he auditioned for the school paper during his days in the state university. He wasn’t even thinking of joining the school paper, his English teacher only told him to give the audition a shot, and the results of the audition placed the weatherman for the position of editor in chief. My father was stripped one position down to assistant editor though, the advisers of the school paper felt it wasn’t such a good idea to put my father as the editor in chief because he was just a freshman then and he hasn’t done any press work yet, they gave it to the guy next in line who was already with the paper for years.

That’s why I decided on the weatherman name because I couldn’t think of something original, it wasn’t intended for legacy though because I haven’t read any of my father’s publications nor has he seen my blog, he doesn’t even know what the hell a blog is, he thinks I’m just fond of writing terribly long e-mails because I type to much words everytime I’m on-line. My father did keep a journal when he was also about my age, too bad blogs were not around yet for him to share his thoughts on.

The other Weathermen

It was because of this upcoming movie that drew my attention to changing my URL, I really would like to see this movie when it comes out on the big screen, It’s no movie about a miserable writer but heck it used my father’s pen name and my URL, I have to see what the movie is all about. Nicholas cage always has to pose looking like one sorry bastard in movie posters.





Ernie baron was a local weather forecaster in our country who became an instant hit some years ago because of his funny accent in delivering the news about the skies. From weatherman thereon, he got himself a radio airtime slot and went to effectively endorse stuffs like his own antenna and a bacteria drink. He passed away a month ago, my friend was wondering if he did predict that one too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home