Being Lib ...or something like it

Sunday, January 01, 2006

2006


My brother took this picture of me wearing my blue Hawaiian shorts, my green jacket and this yak herder’s cap my parents got from mount everest last month, and this is the streets of New Year ’s Eve at 12:30 in the morning.

To tell you the truth, I was already asleep 10pm earlier that night after a couple of games in the computer and some beers. I wanted to let the new year pass while sleeping but my brother broke my slumber because he wanted me to see him burn away the fortune he just spent in these fancy mortar fireworks for midnight, he lit them outdoors and they were great, but he was such in a hurry to light one set of mortars that he placed these cannons on uneven grounds, the first blasts blew up to the sky but then the mortar fell sideways and started firing to my mother’s flower bed, then after about two blasts the goddamn cannons jerked and faced me and shot one shell unto my feet, goddamn shell blew to a fiery explosion burning my right foot. Maybe it didn’t burn my right foot because it does look pretty normal in the picture and I still had the guts to run around the streets past midnight, it did have a slight burn the pain which I forgot after having some more bottles of beer later, but it did itch like hell and I reckon it must be the science of pyro-chemistry and dermatology.

Happy New Year to all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home