Happy Easter
Last friday was the highlight of the lent season, it is the ever-changing day on the gregorian calendar where christians grieve for the death of the son of god who died some millenia ago to save humanity for all their acts or omissions done against the laws of christianity. Ironically known as good friday, and along with the thursday before it, have become a traditional two day holiday in our country where christians take this chance to go out on a break from work, go see some relative or go to the beach straight til the end of the weekend.
I didn’t have work on both thursday and friday, I was very hoping I could go to the beach too, but I didn’t find anybody to tag along with. So just like every lent weekend before this, I ended holed up at home.
Thursday wasn’t as deserted as friday, I walked around some of the malls which were thankfully open that day. I bought a cup of this fruit dessert from ice monster, I was sort of hungry and I was narrowed down with my food choices because of lent diet restrictions for Christians, and besides I wanted to try it anyway. I had strawberries top of my crushed ice, since I saw that strawberries were the only fruit that looked a little fresh in their rack. But it was good, and in fact I liked it. Ice monster is just a small stall under the stairs inside the mall and it didn’t have a good ambience to eat while standing and eating something that was really good. I had to ask the ice lady to wrap it up for me since I felt it was better eating it at the leisure of our house while watching cable tv, which Im pretty sure is showing a lot of good movies for all those couch potatoes stuck inside their houses for the lent weekend. I took my snack home, but ice melts faster than the rate I was walking back home, and when I did get home I opened my cup to see a couple of strawberries floating on water. Beats yoghurt.
Ice Monster is expensive though, I cant afford spending 50 bucks often to eat that kind of stuff. And I don’t get it why they named it ice monster, what comes to my mind is the abominable snowman, or some prehistoric ice age animal or the wampa from hoth.
Good Friday is the mother of all holidays in our country. No other holiday can shut down the most number of offices and business in a day like good Friday. And for the faithful who are not on vacation, come dusk on good friday is their annual march across the empty streets along with moving platforms decorated with a lot of flowers depicting the significant events and key characters during the execution of Christ. It’s a religious affair worth watching, since there’s no place to go anyway.
By the way… Happy Easter
I didn’t have work on both thursday and friday, I was very hoping I could go to the beach too, but I didn’t find anybody to tag along with. So just like every lent weekend before this, I ended holed up at home.
Thursday wasn’t as deserted as friday, I walked around some of the malls which were thankfully open that day. I bought a cup of this fruit dessert from ice monster, I was sort of hungry and I was narrowed down with my food choices because of lent diet restrictions for Christians, and besides I wanted to try it anyway. I had strawberries top of my crushed ice, since I saw that strawberries were the only fruit that looked a little fresh in their rack. But it was good, and in fact I liked it. Ice monster is just a small stall under the stairs inside the mall and it didn’t have a good ambience to eat while standing and eating something that was really good. I had to ask the ice lady to wrap it up for me since I felt it was better eating it at the leisure of our house while watching cable tv, which Im pretty sure is showing a lot of good movies for all those couch potatoes stuck inside their houses for the lent weekend. I took my snack home, but ice melts faster than the rate I was walking back home, and when I did get home I opened my cup to see a couple of strawberries floating on water. Beats yoghurt.
Ice Monster is expensive though, I cant afford spending 50 bucks often to eat that kind of stuff. And I don’t get it why they named it ice monster, what comes to my mind is the abominable snowman, or some prehistoric ice age animal or the wampa from hoth.
Good Friday is the mother of all holidays in our country. No other holiday can shut down the most number of offices and business in a day like good Friday. And for the faithful who are not on vacation, come dusk on good friday is their annual march across the empty streets along with moving platforms decorated with a lot of flowers depicting the significant events and key characters during the execution of Christ. It’s a religious affair worth watching, since there’s no place to go anyway.
By the way… Happy Easter

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home