Being Lib ...or something like it

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Hotel Add Ons

I should tell you about this new hotel I have been staying in manila a couple of times the last few months, three times actually since july. I saw their advertisement in the internet that it only costs a little more than just five hundred bucks a day for a great but small room, and it does sound cheap at first glance but it wasn't more than just five hundred bucks later on the secret tax, taxable and taxes that showed up in the bill afterwards changed the whole price to about sevend hundred bucks, but it was still good anyway.

You must have seen those make-your-own sandwiches in some restaurant's menu where there's a price for every tomato slice, lettuce leaf and mustard you add up to the sandwich, well felt exactly like a those sandwiches because I have to pay extra for an air conditioner, cable TV and for renting a towel, including wifi but hell I haven't wified my entire life anyway, and this was when it started to get expensive. The room does not have any cabinet of any sort, the only table it has is this bedside table so small you could not write on and the sides are curving downwards that my beer bottle easily fell off from the edge and broke into pieces in the floor on my first night, I wasn't able to sweep the floor clean enough without a broom and with housekeeping still due the next day so I ended up like officer mclane in die hard pricking out glass shards from my feet because the room is just too small. Housekeeping does change the blankets and the bathroom rug daily though, I tried using the rug to wipe myself clean instead of renting a towel but it felt awkward using a goddam rug for a towel even if it was white and clean and nobody was looking. I eventually shopped for a towel everytime I got to manila because it was a lot cheaper.

Sometimes I feel paying a hundred and thirty bucks a day to have cable tv when I get back to my room at night is too much but they got computers at the lobby anyway, I could use it for 15 minutes the longest in one sitting then maybe I could go back to my room to read a book or go to seven eleven just outside and get a beer or something to eat before going back for another 15 minutes again. Having a seven eleven just outside the lobby just solves every traveling problem I have.

One good thing about the hotel is that it is located in the median distance to both places where I work, I'm pretty sure about this because the public ride going to both places from the hotel  always costs at ten bucks, to think that these drivers are all to hell particular about adding a penny for every kilometer longer you stay in the ride.

But the hardest part for me staying in this hotel is that they only start taking in guests at two in the afternoon and have them leave the room at eleven in the morning after their stay by shutting off all electricy. I always get to manila first thing in the morning and because of that I now have to carry my stuffs around for more than half of the daytime before I could get myself a room, and I also take the last flight back home at night that it is just all too hell early to be leaving my room before noon, though they charge you for every luggage you leave behind the lobby for a day and they charge you extra still if you want to leave your room later than eleven. The last time I checked out from the place days ago I had the whole afternoon to kill before my flight so what I did I took the metro rail nearest from the place and got myself a good seat and rode the whole route in a loop back to the same station just for the heck of it, my knee is still broken and it was tough to walk the afternoon away anyway and I got time in my hands to see things before I die.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home