It's Your Birthday
I had to go back to manila for a couple of days because I had a lot of things to finish there before chirstmas comes.
I flew back home on a sunday, I was taking the evening flight but I left at two in the afternoon because the people and traffic from where my hotel was were building up like ants on sugar, although it was a sunday but it was minus ten days to christmas and everybody was out on the streets buying about anything in a hurry for the sake of the holidays. The lines at the airport were terribly long too, I stood there for half an hour til I got to the counter. There was this nurse behind me who started up a conversation with this yankee next to him the whole time I was on line, I overheard him loudly say that he's working in seattle but I didn't care where he came from or if he was bored but his english is terrible, it gives me nausea to listen to english being ripped apart that I could have thrown up from listening to him if I stayed longer there than half an hour, I was wondering how the hell he even got to work in seattle speaking crap like that, I just pulled my journal and wrote some things over the push cart to get myself not to listen, he's those kinds of johnny come latelys who want to be overheard when talking about something, maybe for getting all the way home for the holidays. Nobody tried to stop him though, the other passengers were probably bored too and they must have enjoyed the show the nurse put up from his side of the line, like a monkey dancing over a music box.
I was wearing my rubber shoes so I had trouble taking the laces off and back in getting through the xray machine, after that I bumped to this girl who was from my high school days, we weren't from the same class, I was a year senior to her but I knew her because she was those tall and pretty girls me and peter would talk about those days. I never got to talk with her before but I was caught off guard and said hi you're here or hey were on the same flight, which ever came first, she smiled and said hi too and out of nowhere from my memory, I blurted to her a belated happy birthday which was just the day before. We started talking down the hallway like what was she doing here in manila, I told her I've got a few things to settle before chirstmas and she told me about how she visited her father after some surgery earlier that week. She is so nice. I was hungry too and I was eyeing this airport coffee shop up the hallway that served great cinnamon where I thought I'd ask her to grab some, but I just passed by the coffee shop because she was just so nice to talk with.
I usually get pissed off when the flights get delayed for more than an hour but this was one time I was very much hoping that it did and that I could stay longer there with her, I should have asked her out for dinner at the airport.
I flew back home on a sunday, I was taking the evening flight but I left at two in the afternoon because the people and traffic from where my hotel was were building up like ants on sugar, although it was a sunday but it was minus ten days to christmas and everybody was out on the streets buying about anything in a hurry for the sake of the holidays. The lines at the airport were terribly long too, I stood there for half an hour til I got to the counter. There was this nurse behind me who started up a conversation with this yankee next to him the whole time I was on line, I overheard him loudly say that he's working in seattle but I didn't care where he came from or if he was bored but his english is terrible, it gives me nausea to listen to english being ripped apart that I could have thrown up from listening to him if I stayed longer there than half an hour, I was wondering how the hell he even got to work in seattle speaking crap like that, I just pulled my journal and wrote some things over the push cart to get myself not to listen, he's those kinds of johnny come latelys who want to be overheard when talking about something, maybe for getting all the way home for the holidays. Nobody tried to stop him though, the other passengers were probably bored too and they must have enjoyed the show the nurse put up from his side of the line, like a monkey dancing over a music box.
I was wearing my rubber shoes so I had trouble taking the laces off and back in getting through the xray machine, after that I bumped to this girl who was from my high school days, we weren't from the same class, I was a year senior to her but I knew her because she was those tall and pretty girls me and peter would talk about those days. I never got to talk with her before but I was caught off guard and said hi you're here or hey were on the same flight, which ever came first, she smiled and said hi too and out of nowhere from my memory, I blurted to her a belated happy birthday which was just the day before. We started talking down the hallway like what was she doing here in manila, I told her I've got a few things to settle before chirstmas and she told me about how she visited her father after some surgery earlier that week. She is so nice. I was hungry too and I was eyeing this airport coffee shop up the hallway that served great cinnamon where I thought I'd ask her to grab some, but I just passed by the coffee shop because she was just so nice to talk with.
I usually get pissed off when the flights get delayed for more than an hour but this was one time I was very much hoping that it did and that I could stay longer there with her, I should have asked her out for dinner at the airport.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home