Reading Mood
Me and imer planned to go get some beers last friday night and he told me that I should check out this new place he discovered in makati avenue that he now frequents, he could have just said he found a new place to hang out but instead he said discovered and from how he used the word, he must have found something unusually great there. We were to meet at seattle’s best at nine because another friend gb was also joining us on beers, gb didn’t drink much before when I first met him in school but now I swear his drinking habit is catching up with mine and imer’s.
The place both of them were talking about isn’t far from where we met but we took a cab, both of them seem to know the direction to the place better by talking to the cab driver than just walking and it felt it was going to rain anyway if we walked. I forgot the name of the place but I remember it was two words paired up to mean something, the place is small say that it could hold like 50 guests inside but it was great, they had a band inside and beer is only at thirty buck something and you couldn’t get beers at that price especially around makati avenue.
I felt we were like high school students at the place drinking beer if you heard us because for the rest of the night all that we talked about was comic book superheroes, this was because the movie all three of us last saw was the iron man movie, gb in particular and he even told us he had to line up on the first day it came out in the theaters and he’s upset too that he missed the hidden nick fury scene after the credits, he’s still even reading the comic books right now. Gb asked us what were we reading ourselves and imer pulled out this book alastor he got from a sale, I told them I was reading this book jason lent me the tipping point by malcom somebody, I had to remind gb of jason because he met him once when he went to iloilo but anyway imer asked if my book was any good because he heard about it too, I told him it felt like you were listening to college professor lecture in class.
Actually I gave this one some thought because I didn’t know how to answer anybody if a book was any good, save catcher in the rye. I have not been myself the past few months and maybe if one book was any good, it didn’t felt good for me right now maybe because I am depressed or I couldn’t even feel like reading at all. Jason’s book was with me for almost a month already and I haven’t even reached the hundredth page though I could remember some parts of the book were interesting.
I continued reading it again when I took my flight back home last sunday, I was on my way to the airport even before seven in the morning and hell the airport was crowded because there is always a first morning flight to every part of the country from manila. It wasn’t the line to the check in counter that pissed me off but it was the line to the airport donut shop because I hadn’t had breakfast yet and I ended up lining in the other expensive french bakeshop instead where one goddam vegetarian french bread and coffee costed me two hundred bucks. Anyway I read the book at the airport and then it was beginning to sound interesting again, but I only lasted for about thirty minutes on it because my flight is up soon and I couldn’t focus my eyes on the book anymore because I had to check out the lines if one of those were to my flight, only to find out that my goddam flight kept on delaying til midday.
The place both of them were talking about isn’t far from where we met but we took a cab, both of them seem to know the direction to the place better by talking to the cab driver than just walking and it felt it was going to rain anyway if we walked. I forgot the name of the place but I remember it was two words paired up to mean something, the place is small say that it could hold like 50 guests inside but it was great, they had a band inside and beer is only at thirty buck something and you couldn’t get beers at that price especially around makati avenue.
I felt we were like high school students at the place drinking beer if you heard us because for the rest of the night all that we talked about was comic book superheroes, this was because the movie all three of us last saw was the iron man movie, gb in particular and he even told us he had to line up on the first day it came out in the theaters and he’s upset too that he missed the hidden nick fury scene after the credits, he’s still even reading the comic books right now. Gb asked us what were we reading ourselves and imer pulled out this book alastor he got from a sale, I told them I was reading this book jason lent me the tipping point by malcom somebody, I had to remind gb of jason because he met him once when he went to iloilo but anyway imer asked if my book was any good because he heard about it too, I told him it felt like you were listening to college professor lecture in class.
Actually I gave this one some thought because I didn’t know how to answer anybody if a book was any good, save catcher in the rye. I have not been myself the past few months and maybe if one book was any good, it didn’t felt good for me right now maybe because I am depressed or I couldn’t even feel like reading at all. Jason’s book was with me for almost a month already and I haven’t even reached the hundredth page though I could remember some parts of the book were interesting.
I continued reading it again when I took my flight back home last sunday, I was on my way to the airport even before seven in the morning and hell the airport was crowded because there is always a first morning flight to every part of the country from manila. It wasn’t the line to the check in counter that pissed me off but it was the line to the airport donut shop because I hadn’t had breakfast yet and I ended up lining in the other expensive french bakeshop instead where one goddam vegetarian french bread and coffee costed me two hundred bucks. Anyway I read the book at the airport and then it was beginning to sound interesting again, but I only lasted for about thirty minutes on it because my flight is up soon and I couldn’t focus my eyes on the book anymore because I had to check out the lines if one of those were to my flight, only to find out that my goddam flight kept on delaying til midday.
I had a hell lot of time more to spare at the airport but then I just lost my reading mood.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home