Being Lib ...or something like it

Monday, February 04, 2008

Sister's Birthday

Eight months was long enough, I can hold myself longer but I need to take in alcohol more often again, I’m expanding my father’s business twice fold even thrice fold that I can no longer handle the pressure. I just want to drink and unnerve and get the hell out of reality for a while.

It was my sister’s birthday last saturday, I didn’t greet her or anything, I never did to anyone in our family, maybe because that I don’t even give a crap about my own birthday. I could have left for manila that morning but my father decided that we should go out in some buffet for dinner. The problem with buffet dinner at those restaurants where you could eat all you could for just a certain price tag, is that you’d always feel so hungry when you’re thinking about eating all you could, but hunger is so persuasive that by the time you get there, you couldn’t even eat half as what you felt you could in the first place.

When we got into the restaurant, they had this picture of the chef who did the food at the buffet outside, it was big and it had all his credentials for cooking and the picture was just so goddam big that you could count the strands of hair from his goatee mustache. He was sporting some goatee on his chin to look hip or something and it made you worry if some of it fell while he was cooking.

The food was great though, half of what I ate was japanese sushi and the other half was what was laid on the rest of the table. They tried to make the whole menu so classy by giving silly names to the food and you wouldn’t know what the hell it was. Like this one they called mahemahe del veranda when its just plain fish with cheese, and they should call it fish with cheese because it might confuse somebody who doesn’t like such and they’ll end up taking a platefull and later get billed for leftovers. I even thought mahemahe is some kind of big shrimp.

What was more ridiculous was that the waiter told me that they don’t serve beer, I doubted it has something to do with their religion and too bad they’re missing the finer things in life. But I was thinking I should have said cerbeza de beber or something because maybe they might also have some other name for beer on their menu just like their food.

Anyway I took our bill after dinner and left for ariel’s internet cafe for my share of beer for the night with some of his patrons, some of them bought beer from another bar and I took half a liter in a big plastic cup and I didn’t know the plastic cup would be so soft that I ended up crushing it and spilling my first beer bottle for my sister’s birthday down on the floor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home