Being Lib ...or something like it

Monday, June 05, 2006

Home Brew

I flew back to manila from xiamen last saturday night. My father was in manila too, he fetched me at the airport but I took a room for myself in this hotel in malate district and the place costed more than a grand but it was small and long and the damn room felt like a bank vault. I was full from the airplane food I had on my flight so I went out to take a walk and have some beers, it was way past ten anyway.

I flew back home first thing the next day, my father had to stay for a couple more days so I flew back home without him. And I reached home only to find out that my sister’s dog gave birth to a litter of four the night before, and that’s four more of her animals that will be running around in our house soon, though she said she’ll give one puppy each to two of our grandmothers.

I had some more beers over live music later that night, maybe I’m just too homesick with the beer back home. I did pack one can of our local beer inside my luggage before flying to china weeks earlier, I know one can wasn’t even enough to last me an hour, but if i packed a six pack it might take up too much space and hell chances are, one can might burst inside my luggage and I would smell like beer for the rest of my stay in china, one can was just in case I would miss the taste of the beer here. Anyway it was in shanghai when I was about to board this local flight when the xray officer saw that one beer can in my bag and he asked me to take it out. For a minute I thought I was going to get cuffed or something for bringing a beer but he just said they can’t allow liquor on board and next thing he did, he popped open my beer gave it to me and told me to finish it up, like he thinks he's some airport bartender. Passengers were staring at me drinking while we made our way to the tarmac, but hell they continued to serve beer when I got on board the plane.

The guy after me in that xray machine was caught with three bottles of white wine in his luggage, he probably threw a party with the rest of the passengers there just to finish those three bottles.

1 Comments:

Blogger keloyd said...

hehe but you could check it in right?

11:03 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home