Being Lib ...or something like it

Thursday, March 03, 2005

Dog Karma

Ive been driving with an expired driver’s license for almost two months already. Today I finally got to the land transportation office to have it renewed.

First I had to go through a drug test, a procedure which the LTO had hopes of stopping stoned people from getting a license and killing themselves on the road, which oddly enough still happens quite often. They were going to take some of my urine to check if I doped, which was rather vain since I don’t do that kind of stuff anyway. They handed me some papers to sign but suddenly hell, it asked if I took alcohol over the past 24 hours, I didn’t know alcohol was going to screw everything up: I had 3 bottles of beer last night, another 3 the night before and 9 last saturday night. I glanced to the other two persons behind me, but they happily admitted that they were drunk within a day’s length from now, What the heck, it wasn’t such a big deal anyway. The pathologist led me to the lavatory and passed me a little canister to fill with samples of my urine. I had a hard time getting myself to take a leak, I was bothered about that alcohol intake question that I began to worry whether to take samples from my initial burst or the closing drizzle, which ever part of that jet stream had less alcohol contents in it. Then for crying out loud, the pathologist bastard barged into the lavatory and told me to keep the door open, he wasn’t the pervert type, but he probably made sure I wasn’t switching urine samples. Thanks a lot anyway, I had to hold my breath all over again just to squeeze my bladder. The moment it came bursting, I took the sample right away, just to get over this.

By noon I was halfway done with my license but the LTO was about to have their lunch break, so I went back to the office to be worthwhile productive, and I had to make some calls abroad.

“Oh hello, how are you?”

People from other country can be so polite over the phone, I was quite in a hurry and I didn’t tell him what a morning I had. He wouldn’t want to know about it anyway.

I went back to the LTO and I was finally done with the whole thing around 2 in the afternoon. On my ride back home, there were a lot of Christian priests and nuns on the road screwing up traffic carrying picket signs which read: No to Coal Plant and that kind of crap for whatever problems they had. I’ve heard that coal plants aren’t so environment friendly, but neither is a nuclear plant, and these people on the road seemed like they were not concerned about life without electricity. They should have been better off born during the dark ages.

We were supposed to play badminton with my friends tonight, but none of the guys showed up at the court except me. I was a little frustrated so on my way back I decided to walk til the next road intersection where I would catch a ride home. The road I took on foot is a highway and most of the roadside view there were open fields and grassy plains, and it can get a lot depressing to be walking alone in that place. then I began to notice that the highway was empty, not a single car passed and I noticed that the sidewalk was lined up with marines standing about 10 meters apart from the other, and I was the only civilian walking on the sidewalk. It gave me the creeps but I continued to walk anyway as if nothing was happening and the whole roadside landscape was still getting me depressed. Then some big entourage passed by the road, some cops on motorbike, then a truck carrying more marines, then some really expensive cars, which now dawned to me was the president. I was already expecting some marines to yell at me to get off the sidewalk or something but nobody minded me anyway, even if the badminton racquet I held by my shoulder on a sling looked pretty much like a rifle in the dark.

I reached the next intersection on the road but then I felt like walking another block or so. Then after couple of meters down this block I saw some neighborhood dogs across the street beating the crap out some stray dog passing by their turf. They had quite a fight and they were barking and yelping like mad, the stray dog ran towards my side of the street and the rather dominant neighborhood dog ran after him and pounced on him where they both rolled with claw and fang and with a lot of dust flying into the air. the stray dog shook off the mugging dog while yelping like hell. The boss dog triumphantly trotted back to his side of the street with this aura of arrogance that I thought only humans had, he had his head up high in a egotistical manner mindless that he was crossing the road, then all in a flash, a motorbike in top speed crashed into the canine bastard knocking him out of his miseries. The other neighborhood dogs scampered to nowhere and the motorbike that took the collision slammed to its brakes, which sent the other rider rolling into the road and their crates of eggs flying all over the pavement. The fallen rider wasnt hurt though, he stood up from the road with yolk all over his body. I suppose they just felt like speeding up since the road was temptingly empty after the presidential entourage on the road before this. Learn not to put all your eggs in one basket though.

I took a ride home after the second road intersection, I didnt want to see what's gonna happen in the next block.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home