One life to live
Our high school valedictorian nanci sent me a message some weeks ago, she was asking if she could have this wedding invitation I had, though she was also at this wedding but she was from manila and everybody knew she was coming here for the wedding yet everybody forgot to give her an invitation, and I feel nanci is so sentimental about the wedding and the invitation because her good friend the bride, is terminal with cancer and her fiancé wanted to make the most of her lifetime that is already running on a highway to heaven, by marrying her.
Death does make life valuable.
Nanci was also asking me if I could record her some blues music and send it along with the invitation, I was expecting her to use it for some background music like a stage play or something but I was surprised when she told me that she’s listening to the blues, I mean for somebody my age because the blues is one kind of music that’s hard to appreciate, even when you’re drunk. The music is so slow and depressing that I could feel the tone drag my thoughts and neurons to work with the music’s pace, and you’d get frustrated with time for moving so slow when its just the music messing up everything in your head. But still though.
I sent nanci songs from this artist lou rawls. Most of his songs are blues but he has some good jazz songs which I listen to quite often because I love listening to jazz and I feel you’d only need to place some faster beat to blues music so it would sound like jazz. Anyway this singer lou rawls has one hell of a voice, he has this low lumbering baritone voice that sounds like darth vader singing minus the force, and lou rawls does look a lot like james earl jones in a way too that it makes you wonder if their faces had anything to do with their diaphragms. And with a voice like that I feel lou can sweep girls off their feet from singing, or just by even talking and even if he has to talk nonsense like if you had him read the gettysburg address in front of a girl I swear he would still sound so goddam romantic.
I feel like I’m the only one listening to lou rawls, you could hardly find any record stores nowadays selling his cd, sometimes when I’d go inside a record store with my second brother, he’d tell me right on the doorstep “you wont find any lou rawls cd in this place” so I would go on telling him I’m looking for everette harp or john coltrane or anybody else instead, and my brother would say lou rawls like “rurals” like his whole name was some kind of tongue twister.
Lou rawls passed away just a year ago, january 6 2006
you've only got one life to live
so give it your all
give it a lot
give it your best shot
"one life to live"
lou rawls
Death does make life valuable
Death does make life valuable.
Nanci was also asking me if I could record her some blues music and send it along with the invitation, I was expecting her to use it for some background music like a stage play or something but I was surprised when she told me that she’s listening to the blues, I mean for somebody my age because the blues is one kind of music that’s hard to appreciate, even when you’re drunk. The music is so slow and depressing that I could feel the tone drag my thoughts and neurons to work with the music’s pace, and you’d get frustrated with time for moving so slow when its just the music messing up everything in your head. But still though.
I sent nanci songs from this artist lou rawls. Most of his songs are blues but he has some good jazz songs which I listen to quite often because I love listening to jazz and I feel you’d only need to place some faster beat to blues music so it would sound like jazz. Anyway this singer lou rawls has one hell of a voice, he has this low lumbering baritone voice that sounds like darth vader singing minus the force, and lou rawls does look a lot like james earl jones in a way too that it makes you wonder if their faces had anything to do with their diaphragms. And with a voice like that I feel lou can sweep girls off their feet from singing, or just by even talking and even if he has to talk nonsense like if you had him read the gettysburg address in front of a girl I swear he would still sound so goddam romantic.
I feel like I’m the only one listening to lou rawls, you could hardly find any record stores nowadays selling his cd, sometimes when I’d go inside a record store with my second brother, he’d tell me right on the doorstep “you wont find any lou rawls cd in this place” so I would go on telling him I’m looking for everette harp or john coltrane or anybody else instead, and my brother would say lou rawls like “rurals” like his whole name was some kind of tongue twister.
Lou rawls passed away just a year ago, january 6 2006
you've only got one life to live
so give it your all
give it a lot
give it your best shot
"one life to live"
lou rawls
Death does make life valuable

4 Comments:
Yes it does.
Our aplastic anemia patient died last Wednesday...
8:55 PM
diba ang blues magandang back ground sa pag roromansa?
10:38 AM
I remember now where I heard Lou Rawls' name. He was mentioned in the Philippine Idol when someone sang his song. - Annalei
3:52 PM
If you played the blues alone with a girl, she'd probably fall asleep on you!
condolence to kathy
10:18 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home