Being Lib ...or something like it

Friday, August 31, 2012

Tenure and Copyrights

The road to immortality sure is hard.

The formula I came up with which was closest to immortality was the cheap form of uploading my mind into a computer, that is to continue feeding this blog site with my thoughts that after I die, there will be an anybody surfing the internet years beyond who will stumble and read into my miserable life's archive. It will make me alive in a way talking to them about the hell I went through, kind of like how holden caulfield told his side of the story to inspire a lot of readers over the last half century like he's just there sitting talking depressingly over beer and cigarettes when eversince he isn't even real to start off with.

It's not as fancy as the mind uploading my consciousness into a talking computer like in the movies but this was the least I could think of after I knew how short of a time I have left.

The key dynamo in my whole formula is my blog in the internet, it does amaze me how much the goddam internet can hold sometimes, quantitatively it feels like infinity, like everybody on planet earth has whole outer space to write on, not like the prehistoric days when paper was not even available that cavemen had to settle to cave walls for blog posts about how many deers they had to chase for that season. 

Then came this incident our high school valedictorian had with her own blog she used to keep, the site that hosts her blog is closing down and they're asking their subscribers to transfer their blogs someplace else. It didn't bother her that much about the whole idea of her blog shutting down and digitally packing up memories. But for me it felt like there is a fat chance of a dead end on my own road to immortality, that someday the site that hosts my own blog might close down too, within the next decade or I might not even be around anymore to salvage what is left of me in the internet.

As of this day, this blog  literally has 9 years of my miserable life in it, but yet still it is my life that I will leave behind.

I talked to ann about her terminal blog and how it worries me because of this plan I have to use my blog as an exponent in my personal equation for immortality. Ann couldn't even catch up with my explanation that she had to enter a ? in between my messages as I explain the whole thing, because all of these crap is hell crazy in the first place.
 
Ann assured me that anything written into the internet, though lost someday, will be secretly encoded somewhere in the depths of cyberspace waiting to be found again. But it didn't make me feel better, because there are truckloads of useless junk being written in the internet every minute, like these goddam penis enlargement emails I receive everyday. They'd probably get encoded too and swallow up my blog whole with all those large penis ads and jesus chainmails all around it.

Then just print it
 
Aside from blog publishers shutting down, there is another headline also about blogging that came up this month alone. It all happened inside our country's congress when they were debating on methods of population control, one senator gave a grand speech about contraceptives and crap to turn the tide of the debate to his favor. For a minute he seemed like an intelligent talking person but then somebody across the pacific in america turned up and said something like:

Hey he's reading from my blog

In fact the senator did and he found nothing wrong with it, he was an actor a generation ago for crying out loud, and actors are fond of reading lines from a script. The blogger felt upset the same way somebody copied your homework and got to present it proudly in class before you did. I myself wouldn't know how it felt if someday somebody starts using my blog for themselves on cable TV though, but it would be very funny if they'd read everything aloud including this next line

To hell with everybody!

But I'd feel cheated in a way, though I swear I wouldn't know how it really felt.

Anyway on the bright side, I hope that the people now can realize deserving people who can make good senators for our country who need not copy from other people's ideas to make them look smart, and figure out better roles someplace else for actors who seriously want to serve the public.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home