Piece of Picasso
Looking at picasso's unconventional paintings, humanity in its most sober form, will politely say in their minds that they could not understand a thing, seriously. But the strange artists society came to an agreement that this manner of artwork is valuable and sophisticated, as if man is evolving to a higher level of consciousness, just like the renaissance when people think of men and saints as gym freaks and love to pose naked. This eventually gave picasso's paintings a price tag and a ticket to the museums.
Take this painting he made earlier the last century, it goes by the name guernica and it is supposed to be about world war 1 germans bombing the spaniards to kingdom come, that's what they say it is. But if you take somebody old enough like a college freshman junkie and ask what he thinks of the whole thing, chances are his answers will somewhere be around a barnyard revolution, just like mine.
I think there will still be conventional paintings which measure an artist's ability to make a good picture of the real thing or something they are thinking about. Picasso can paint conventionally besides his other strange paintings but there are people nowadays who can't paint anything except for a couple of objects and random body parts and later invoke picasso to justify it as art. I think they should really leave him out of the picture and try to paint conventionally first. Picasso has become a household name for bad paintings that are supposed to have hidden meanings.
I would like to try and see picasso's painting for real too, I'm no psychic but maybe when I get up close I'd see strange things and hear strange little voices in latin dancing around my head, maybe the whole thing is real anyway. The closest I got to touching a picasso painting was last week when I found these brochures at hong kong airport that picasso's paintings are in town, I didn't go to hong kong just for it, I had a couple of things to do and its the dragon boat weekend so I passed on the thought until after dinner when I dropped by the art ministry they have facing the harbor, they said I still have to take the subway to this western part of hong kong which I haven't been to, and hell all the tickets were sold out until monday which I will be already back in manila. I should have realized its the dragon boat weekend holiday, and picasso just caught a weekendful of curious chinamen jumping off from their dragon boats to see his paintings.
Even if I did make it to the exhibit, this post would be paragraphs longer with me making fun of weird paintings.
Take this painting he made earlier the last century, it goes by the name guernica and it is supposed to be about world war 1 germans bombing the spaniards to kingdom come, that's what they say it is. But if you take somebody old enough like a college freshman junkie and ask what he thinks of the whole thing, chances are his answers will somewhere be around a barnyard revolution, just like mine.
I think there will still be conventional paintings which measure an artist's ability to make a good picture of the real thing or something they are thinking about. Picasso can paint conventionally besides his other strange paintings but there are people nowadays who can't paint anything except for a couple of objects and random body parts and later invoke picasso to justify it as art. I think they should really leave him out of the picture and try to paint conventionally first. Picasso has become a household name for bad paintings that are supposed to have hidden meanings.
I would like to try and see picasso's painting for real too, I'm no psychic but maybe when I get up close I'd see strange things and hear strange little voices in latin dancing around my head, maybe the whole thing is real anyway. The closest I got to touching a picasso painting was last week when I found these brochures at hong kong airport that picasso's paintings are in town, I didn't go to hong kong just for it, I had a couple of things to do and its the dragon boat weekend so I passed on the thought until after dinner when I dropped by the art ministry they have facing the harbor, they said I still have to take the subway to this western part of hong kong which I haven't been to, and hell all the tickets were sold out until monday which I will be already back in manila. I should have realized its the dragon boat weekend holiday, and picasso just caught a weekendful of curious chinamen jumping off from their dragon boats to see his paintings.
Even if I did make it to the exhibit, this post would be paragraphs longer with me making fun of weird paintings.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home