Certain Death
Slim chance for anybody to die on a plane crash. But I'm one heck of a jetsetter that I had a brush of this kind of excitement just recently.
I took the plane to manila Tuesday morning, I didn’t have much sleep the night before and I was already up 4 that morning. Upon taking my seat I the plane I dozed off like a log unmindful that the plane already took off, and if not for this loud blast that came somewhere from the left of the plane that woke me up. There was this smell of burnt metal inside the cabin and the passenger beside me was praying like hell while the others up front were turning their heads in a frenzy, all under a premonition of a plane crash. I was on the verge of probable death but I wasn’t the least tense about the situation, I looked like a drunkard the morning after, trying to straighten myself up (I did take a couple of shots of liquor the night before though) surrounded by nervous passengers.
Then this guy about 3 rows in front of me stood up and yelled at the stewardess in trembling english with something like “…didn’t you just smell it? You better tell the pilot right now that there was an explosion!”. This guy looked hell serious and he did put up quite a show up there. If there were any hijackers on board the plane, I’d bet this is the kind of person who would play hero and spring into action.
I turned back to the praying person beside me and I asked if he heard about that plane which lost its tailwing at touchdown in tacloban airport a week ago, hoping that tale would give more adrenalin to his prayers to heaven. But just like every denouement after the initial thrill, the excitement of having a plane crash soon faded. I went back to slumberland again til the plane landed in one piece in manila.
It was a great thing I was oblivious to the whole incident while on the plane, else I wouldn't have caught up with my sleep. And I needed my sleep so badly since I had a great deal of things to do and I have to take the plane again home the next day.
I took the plane to manila Tuesday morning, I didn’t have much sleep the night before and I was already up 4 that morning. Upon taking my seat I the plane I dozed off like a log unmindful that the plane already took off, and if not for this loud blast that came somewhere from the left of the plane that woke me up. There was this smell of burnt metal inside the cabin and the passenger beside me was praying like hell while the others up front were turning their heads in a frenzy, all under a premonition of a plane crash. I was on the verge of probable death but I wasn’t the least tense about the situation, I looked like a drunkard the morning after, trying to straighten myself up (I did take a couple of shots of liquor the night before though) surrounded by nervous passengers.
Then this guy about 3 rows in front of me stood up and yelled at the stewardess in trembling english with something like “…didn’t you just smell it? You better tell the pilot right now that there was an explosion!”. This guy looked hell serious and he did put up quite a show up there. If there were any hijackers on board the plane, I’d bet this is the kind of person who would play hero and spring into action.
I turned back to the praying person beside me and I asked if he heard about that plane which lost its tailwing at touchdown in tacloban airport a week ago, hoping that tale would give more adrenalin to his prayers to heaven. But just like every denouement after the initial thrill, the excitement of having a plane crash soon faded. I went back to slumberland again til the plane landed in one piece in manila.
It was a great thing I was oblivious to the whole incident while on the plane, else I wouldn't have caught up with my sleep. And I needed my sleep so badly since I had a great deal of things to do and I have to take the plane again home the next day.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home