Being Lib ...or something like it

Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Dull Drag Queens and the Devil

I watched exorcist the beginning in the theaters last sunday night, I was planning to save it on a weekday next week but since it was a terrifically boring week, I decided to watch it for a little thrill.

The story revolves around the earlier years of father Lancaster Merrin of the original exorcist movie. He was sort of in doubt of his faith and the devil was trying to mess everything around Merrin to test if he still believed in God.

After the movie I went to this bar right outside the theaters, it was a little past eleven and I decided to go have some beers and mull over the movie. The bar was supposed to be a comedy bar, I had this notion that it had some wisecrack up stage making up jokes and humor or just any scheme to bring out laughs amongst customers. When I got inside it was half empty, only about three tables were taken and there were two drag queens on stage making up some of the lousiest punch lines and laughed at their own jokes by themselves. They felt that just because they were silly-dressed drag queens and they made sexual innuendos they were funny. And one of the audiences laughed and felt their lines were actually funny, drunk probably. Took me 15 minutes to blow that joint.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home